On January 12, 2023, the Department of State released form DS 4317, which allows Afghan humanitarian parolees and those granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to apply for family reunification. Eligible family members for reunification are lawful spouses and children under the age of 21 (as of 8/14/2021). For more information about reunification for Afghan humanitarian parolees and those with other legal statuses, please visit the Department of State’s Afghan Family Reunification page.
- Ukrainian refugees arriving in Los Angeles need support, and IILA is here to help!
- How to help refugees and immigrants in California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles Times
- Refugees, immigrants, and families in need in Los Angeles County can get help paying utilities’ bills and debt forgiveness
- Afghans in the United States deserve protections: they need redesignation and extension of Afghanistan for Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Second Anniversary of the Fall of Kabul: Afghan Refugees successfully integrate in Los Angeles, but challenges remain