GIVE TODAY AND SUPPORT IILA
IILA relies on supporters like you to meet our clients’ most urgent needs. Your donation will help us serve our immigrant and refugee communities and low-income working families, defend their rights, advocate on their behalf, and provide them with the skills, abilities, and resources to become self-sufficient.
When newly-arrived individuals are able to secure their first jobs, get legal help, and find child care that works for their families, they are able to fully participate in and contribute to our communities. Your support makes this possible.
Your donation of any amount is critical to supporting our services. Here are a few examples of how far your gift can go:
- $20 provides hot breakfasts for five children to start their day prepared for success or art supplies to enrich their creativity.
- $50 provides public transportation vouchers or professional attire for someone going to job interviews.
- $100 provides employment counseling or a year’s supply of home learning materials for a child entering kindergarten.
- $250 provides an assessment, orientation, and filing applications for two permanent residents seeking US citizenship.
- $500 covers an 8-week course for an at-risk refugee couple to become licensed in-home child care providers or a field trip for a class to visit LA cultural sites to enrich their education.
- $1,000 purchases essential household items to set up a new apartment for a refugee family or covers legal representation for asylum for a survivor of torture.
- $5,000 covers maintenance for vehicles to deliver meals to child care centers or travel for legal staff to visit detention centers and provide aid to unaccompanied minors.
- Gifts of $10,000 or more can be transformative for our most critical services. Major needs include social workers and therapists to address clients’ unique needs, updating playgrounds and technology so children have the best quality of care possible, and helping more low-income families, immigrants, and refugees with everything they need to become self-sufficient. Please contact us for more information.
Donation Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, International Institute of Los Angeles is a U.S. 501(c)(3) organization and your gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
IILA's Federal Tax ID number (also known as an EIN, Employer Identification Number) is 95-1641446.
International Institute of Los Angeles is a U.S. 501(c)(3) organization and your generous gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Please make your check payable to International Institute of Los Angeles and mail it to:
International Institute of Los Angeles
Attn: Alex Nguyen
3845 Selig Place
Los Angeles, CA 90031
If you wish your gift to be allocated to a particular program (Act Now for Afghan Allies, Refugee Fund, IILA General Fund), please include this information in the memo line.
Yes! Recurring giving is an easy, secure, and automatic way to spread the impact of your gift throughout the year.
Check the “Recurring” option above to make your gift monthly. You can change or cancel your subscription at any time.
Make one of your “monthly subscriptions” empower refugee, immigrant, and working families.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions by their employees. IILA is eligible for nearly all corporate matching gift programs. After you make a gift, request a matching gift form from your company and IILA can provide any documentation.
If your company matches gifts by employees to non-profits, you could double the impact of your gift!
When you shop through AmazonSmile, a portion of your purchases will be donated to IILA. Shopping through AmazonSmile is exactly the same as using Amazon regularly.
Simply select International Institute of Los Angeles as your charity at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate to IILA every time you shop!
For questions about making a gift, recurring gifts, tax receipts, in-kind donations, corporate matching gifts, or other ways to give (including Qualified Charitable Distributions/IRA charitable rollovers, donor advised funds, and bequests), please contact Alex T. Nguyen, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.