GIVE TODAY AND SUPPORT IILA
IILA relies on supporters like you to meet our clients’ most urgent needs. Your donation will help us serve our immigrant and refugee communities, including survivors of human trafficking, and low-income working families, defend their rights, advocate on their behalf, and provide them with the skills, abilities, and resources to become self-sufficient.
When newly-arrived individuals are able to secure their first jobs, get legal help, and find child care that works for their families, they are able to fully participate in and contribute to our communities. Your support makes this possible.
Note: When you submit a donation, you will be automatically added to our mailing list to receive occasional emails (bimonthly or less) with our latest news, ways to help, and other announcements. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Your donation of any amount is critical to supporting our services. Here are a few examples of how far your gift can go:
- $50 provides a new refugee or immigrant student a backpack and essential school supplies
- $150 offers a new job seeker basic professional attire for job interviews
- $200 supports a refugee family in covering their utilities costs for one month
- $300 provides two permanent residents with an assessment, orientation, and filing applications for US citizenship
- $400 purchases a refugee couple a basic queen mattress, bed frame and bedding
- $500 covers an 8-week course for an at-risk refugee couple to become licensed in-home child care providers or a field trip for a class to visit LA cultural sites to enrich their education.
- $1,000 purchases essential household items to set up a new apartment for a refugee family.
- $2,700 covers a family’s rent for one month for a 2-bedroom apartment in Los Angeles
- $5,000 covers maintenance for vehicles to deliver meals to child care centers or the cost of legal representation for an asylum seeker
- Gifts of $10,000 or more can be transformative for our most critical services. Major needs include social workers and therapists to address clients’ unique needs, updating playgrounds and technology so children have the best quality of care possible, and helping more low-income families, immigrants, and refugees with everything they need to become self-sufficient. Please contact us for more information.
Donation Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, International Institute of Los Angeles is a U.S. 501(c)(3) organization and your gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
IILA's Federal Tax ID number (also known as an EIN, Employer Identification Number) is 95-1641446.
International Institute of Los Angeles is a U.S. 501(c)(3) organization and your generous gift is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
We strive for clarity and transparency in our financial operations. Please see our Financials page for our audit reports and tax return 990 forms.
Please make your check payable to International Institute of Los Angeles and mail it to:
International Institute of Los Angeles
3845 Selig Place
Los Angeles, CA 90031
If you wish your gift to be allocated to a particular program (Refugee Fund, IILA General Fund, Administration/Operations, etc.), please include this information in the memo line.
Yes! Recurring giving is an easy, secure, and automatic way to spread the impact of your gift throughout the year.
Check the “Recurring” option above to make your gift monthly. You can change or cancel your subscription at any time.
Make one of your “monthly subscriptions” empower refugee, immigrant, and working families.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions by their employees. IILA is eligible for nearly all corporate matching gift programs. After you make a gift, request a matching gift form from your company and IILA can provide any documentation.
If your company matches gifts by employees to non-profits, you could double the impact of your gift!
We are happy to accept in-kind donations of new clothing and shoes, furniture, household goods, electronics, and other items in accordance with our clients' current needs. We are often in need of Welcome Kits for new refugee arrivals. Kits comprise the following items: bath towel sets (2+), shampoo and conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, and first aid kit. We also welcome Baby Kits with items such as disposable diapers, baby wipes, washcloths, baby lotion, shampoo, body wash, and diaper rash cream, etc.
Our storage space and ability to transport items is limited. If you would like to make an in-kind donation, please reach out to inquire about current needs, capacity, and drop-off arrangements. Contact Cambria Tortorelli, President and CEO, at email@example.com or Marisa Moonilal Montes, Director of Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other questions about making a gift, recurring gifts, tax receipts, in-kind donations, corporate matching gifts, or other ways to give (including Qualified Charitable Distributions/IRA charitable rollovers, donor advised funds, and bequests), please contact Cambria Tortorelli, President and CEO, at email@example.com.