November 30, 2021
Each year since 2017, the artist Phoebe Bridgers has released a Christmas single to benefit a charity. International Institute of Los Angeles is honored to be the beneficiary of her 2021 song, a cover of “Day After Tomorrow” by Tom Waits.
All proceeds from the single will be donated to IILA and support our services and programs for immigrants, refugees, survivors of human trafficking, and low-income working families in Los Angeles.
Listen to the song on YouTube or any music streaming platform:
Previously, Bridgers has released holiday-time renditions of “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas,” Merle Haggard’s “If We Make It Through December,” Simon & Garfunkel “‘7 O’Clock News/ Silent Night” with Fiona Apple and The National‘s Matt Berninger, and McCarthy Trenching’s “Christmas Song” with Jackson Browne.
- Uproxx: “Phoebe Bridgers’ Gloomy Cover Of Tom Waits’ ‘Day After Tomorrow’ Is Her Version Of A Holiday Song”
- Rolling Stone: “‘Tis the Damn Season: Phoebe Bridgers Drops Her Annual Christmas Cover”
- Pitchfork: “Phoebe Bridgers Shares New Cover of Tom Waits’ “Day After Tomorrow”: Listen”
- Spin: “Phoebe Bridgers Covers Tom Waits’ ‘Day After Tomorrow’ For Charity”
- Fader: “Phoebe Bridgers shares Tom Waits cover ‘Day After Tomorrow'”
- NME: “Listen to Phoebe Bridgers cover Tom Waits’ ‘Day After Tomorrow’ backed by a choir”