This week, the Biden administration is expected to take executive action to restore the refugee resettlement program. This is particularly welcome news, in light of strong support for America as a beacon of hope, safety, and refuge — and the previous administration’s dismantling of the program by more than 80%. As we face the worst refugee crisis in history, it is critical that the Biden administration take immediate action to begin rebuilding the program and to increase refugee admissions.
We need your help to make sure that executive action increases the FY 2021 refugee admissions goal, initiates an interagency audit of refugee processing, and rescinds previous refugee bans. Urge the Biden administration TODAY to immediately restore U.S. moral leadership in refugee protection and resettlement.
TAKE ACTION ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share this message on social media by using the sample posts below and here!
Share your message with the administration by using these sample tweets. Make sure to tag @POTUS, @WhiteHouse, @VP, and @jakejsullivan (National Security Advisor) in your tweets.
- .@POTUS [As a person of faith/a refugee], I urge you to respect the sacred humanity of refugees and increase refugee admissions, restore resettlement program #BuildBackBetter @jakejsullivan @VP @WhiteHouse #RestoringWelcome
- Refugees are teachers, doctors, police officers, community leaders, and elected officials. Refugees want to give back and make the US a better place for all people. #BuildBackBetter #RefugeesWelcome @WhiteHouse @VP @POTUS @jakejsullivan [click to tweet]
- During the worst refugee crisis in history, it is vital @POTUS takes immediate action to rebuild and increase refugee admissions, rescind refugee bans #BuildBackBetter #RestoringWelcome @jakejsullivan @VP @WhiteHouse [click to tweet]
- .@POTUS For decades we have welcomed refugee families into our communities and know they make incredible contributions to our country. We are ready to restore welcome. #RestoringWelcome @WhiteHouse @jakejsullivan @VP #BuildBackBetter [click to tweet]
- To truly #BuildBackBetter @POTUS should restore our country’s welcoming spirit by welcoming refugees, restore the resettlement program #RestoringWelcome @jakejsullivan @VP @WhiteHouse [click to tweet]
- To restore our nation’s role as a global humanitarian leader, @POTUS should initiate an interagency audit of refugee processing to strengthen the refugee resettlement program #BuildBackBetter #RestoringWelcome @jakejsullivan @VP @WhiteHouse [click to tweet]
- .@POTUS You must seek healing after years of hate and damage to our communities. I urge you to rescind the hateful and discriminatory Trump era refugee bans & increase refugee admissions #BuildBackBetter @jakejsullivan @VP @WhiteHouse #RestoringWelcome [click to tweet]
- Refugee families who are given the chance to thrive want to give back to this country and make it a better place for all people. Thank you, @WhiteHouse for your commitment to #BuildBackBetter! @POTUS @jakejsullivan @VP #RefugeesWelcome #RestoringWelcome [click to tweet]
Take a picture of yourself holding a refugees welcome sign and include the following text:
- [As a person of faith/a refugee], I urge you to respect the sacred humanity of refugees and increase refugee admissions, restore resettlement program #BuildBackBetter [TAG] President Joe Biden] #RestoringWelcome
- To truly #BuildBackBetter [TAG] President Joe Biden should restore our country’s welcoming spirit by welcoming refugees and restore the resettlement program #RestoringWelcome
You can tag official accounts on Facebook but typing the @ symbol before the person’s name. For example to tag President Biden, simply type @JoeBiden and Facebook will populate the list of pages for you. Be sure to select the page with the blue check mark.
Thank you for taking action – and please share this information with your networks!
Deputy Director of Policy and Advocacy
Immigration and Refugee Program
Church World Service
Supporting our advocacy work is more important than ever. Click here to donate